How to live your best Chicago Summer!
Summers in Chicago cannot beat. I don't care where you live, there's a tremendous energy this city gives off just three months a year. And today, I want to share some of the really cool things you can do to live your best Chicago Summer.
...great news, there is still SO much left to go! Ready? Let's do this!
This one is for your nuggets. It took seven years for us to make it to the American Girl Cafe. Seriously, what a mistake. They host a variety of events throughout the Summer. We attended a private cooking class which was just about the most fun you can have with your kids! The moms sipped champagne while the kids learned how to make three different desserts. It was so well executed! Highly recommend this trip!
Welcome to your new happy hour destination. Z Bar is nothing short of fabulous! Perched on top of the Peninsula Hotel, this elegant rooftop offers you the most outstanding views of Michigan Avenue. I shot the above with my iPhone. You can't take a bad picture. It's elegant, it's sexy, it's a little bit of everything. And the people watching will have you entertained for hours. Run, don't walk!
Take me out to the ball game! We are huge Chicago White Sox fans. Summer games have become a tradition and the best part is that my kids absolutely love going. We stay for all nine innings every time. This is also a franchise that really caters to families. Don't even get me started on the food. I could eat for days and usually do. They host a myriad of events all Summer long and you can even score tickets as low as $5. Check the schedule below!
- Month of July: The Chicago White Sox Youth Baseball and Fastpitch Summer Camps are still available through the month of July, taking place in over 50 communities in the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas. Visit bullssoxacademy.com to find a location near you!
- July 15: The Children’s Autograph Session returns for the first 100 kids (ages 5-13) that enter the Chicago Sports Depot. Details are available atwhitesox.com/autographs. If you’re interested in attending, I will provide wristbands for the autograph session. Please note this requires arriving by 11:15 a.m.
- July 15: All kids (ages 13 and under) will receive a PLAY BALL Pitch Grip Baseball as they exit the game.
- July 24: The Double Duty Classic game is free to the public and begins at 1:05 p.m. The annual game celebrates the history and tradition of Negro League baseball in Chicago while also promoting the next generation of inner-city baseball players. Details are available at whitesox.com/ddc.
- July 28: The first 20,000 fans will receive a White Sox Iron Man bobblehead (image attached) on Marvel Super Hero™ Night.
Book a staycation at the newly renovated Swissotel. Hands down the best views of the lake when it comes to the Chicago hotel scene. The rooms are spacious, modern and offer more amenities than you could possible think of and this month, rates start as low as $129! You are just minutes from some of the best shopping the city has to offer. Pick from three unique suites: the Presidential, Vitality and the gorgeous, new Duplex.
Meet me at Eugenie Terrace. This is the ultimate rooftop terrace except with a new facelift. Find a friend that shacks up at these gorgeous apartments and do it fast. I had the pleasure of attending their relaunch event and the terrace literally stunned me upon stepping out. I talk about views a lot (sorry, not sorry) but Eugenie offers a different sort of view. Sweeping landscape that stretches from the Gold Coast down to the Lincoln Park lakefront. On a gorgeous summer night, I wouldn't move save to use the restroom. Just hand me a bottle of rosé and all my best girls and I am one happy girl! <views below>
Who's hungry? I work out so that I can eat. And to be honest, I've been honing my acai recommendations which requires some serious research. Post workout, I'm heading to Left Coast on Wells. It's hands down the yummiest, healthiest spot with zero guilt. I could literally spend my paycheck on juices which my husband lovesssss; let me tell you. They also have a Lakeview location, too. Great for all ages and the atmosphere is fab, too!
...because I'm HAPPY! Happy Place Chicago is THE exhibit of the Summer. Scroll through your Instagram any given day of the week and you will find colorful images of people in giant stilettos, XO installations and giant confetti rooms. Bad mood? No worries. You need to head here, stat. It's a great field trip for the kids, too. I recommend heading there during the week because the weekends get a bit nutty and it's only here for a limited time so go find your happy!
Thirsty? Join me next Thursday for a shopping event with some of your favorite bloggers. Peche Produce is throwing an event with five local babes including yours truly. You'll sip the new Ketel One Botanical while shopping shoes, accessories and more from our very own closets. Trust me when I say, some of the items we've never worn outside of a blog photo! We will be wheeling and dealing amazing prices for nearly new items. It's a fun excuse to have a ladies' night. Join us!
That's my round up! I will be sure to capture what's ahead. I've been getting inquiries for years on where to eat, drink, see and do in Chicago so I finally decided to listen. Have an event or destination that I haven't listed? Share in the comments - I wanna go, too! Happy Friday!