5 beauty products that I'm lovin' right now!
Here we are - August, which by the way, is half way over! Golly! It's been awhile since I've done a beauty review, so today I'm sharing the most covetable items in my medicine cabinet. These are true time-savers not to mention brilliant inventions that have left me feeling like a bronzed goddess despite my lack of actual sun time.
- St. Tropez In-Shower Gradual Tan: No, this is not a joke. It does exactly what the name says it does. Once my hair is shampoo'd, I slather this all over my body and wait three minutes. It's a great time to throw on the conditioner but the water has to be turned off completely! After your three minutes is up, simply rinse off and watch the color darken over the next few days. It's brilliant. Not to mention wayyyy less stinky then its classmates.
- Everyday Coconut Cleansing Face Wash: I love any and everything that smells like coconuts. No harsh scrubbing and completely chemical/paraben free. I skip eye makeup remover entirely with this stuff.
- Sarah Potempa Beachwaver S1: Literally a life changer. I can now do my own beachy waves after 37 years of existence on this planet. The iron curls your hair for you with a flick of a button! Forget the prom curls...we're talking real, LA beach waves. I cannot say enough about this product!
- Exclusive L'Oreal Color Riche Collection in Reds: I selected "Freida's Red." It is the best drugstore red ever! It's super pigmented and 100% matte. It's a blue-ish red which works well on my skin. Don't forget the lipliner with this one!
- Nails Inc. Nail Polish in "Belgravia Square": It's the perfect muted pink to make your pool tan pop. I throw it on my toes with nude heels. It's extremely opaque, which I love, and all it takes is two coats and you're out the door. It dries super fast, too!
That's my August Beauty Round-Up. What beauty products are you lovin' these days? Happy Friday! xo
I will wholeheartedly admit that I am lover of all beauty products. It really doesn’t matter what kind or from where. I will shop at a drugstore as much as I will shop online or at a high end department store. The fact is, I LOVE beauty.
You guys now I love a good beauty bargain and unbeknownst to me, Macy’s has recently launch a new subscription box service called the Beauty Box! For just $15 a month, recipients receive a chic pouch, 5 deluxe samples + 1 bonus sample and $5 off their next beauty purchase. This is truly the perfect solution to testing the waters on a brand you’re not too sure about which happens all the time to me!
I don't fall for beauty trends all that often. Perhaps it's my age but I know what I like. Fashion trends...yes, guilty as charged. Typically you will find me in a neutral lip or a bold lip. No in between but always matte. Lipgloss? Not so much, I kind of exhausted that in my late 20's but a strong lip...always!
What's new pussy cat? So MUCH! May is by far the busiest month for me personally and professionally. You could say I am savoring the quiet of April 30th because I know all hell is about to break loose. With that said, you know I am nothing if I am not a multitasking momma on the go which is why I want to introduce to you the newest lifesaver to my beauty collection. Meet Beauty by POPSUGAR!
A lack of lipstick is a lackluster day for this girl. Every once in awhile I will sport a nude but very very rarely. I can tell you when I do, it's always Urban Decay. It's quite literally my #1 favorite cosmetic brand in the drawer and has remained so for several years. And this hinges on one thing alone - lasting power.
When I look at a 60-minute increment, a 30-minute increment, hand to God, I often think how many things can I accomplish in that time frame? It sounds a little insane but as a busy, working mom - efficiency is everything. But efficiency does not mean you have to sacrifice fun. Making the ordinary tasks in life a fun activity is my role as a mother. Enter bath time!
I never used any sort of toner until my mid-30's. Quite frankly, it seemed like a lot of work to add an extra step into my skincare routine. How's that for laziness? Don't answer.
I'm an open book. I think we know this given my career of choice - social media. It should come as no surprise to you that I am also very much an advocate of BOTOX and aging gracefully. I don't see it as taboo. I'm not ashamed and it makes me feel good. And isn't that what counts?
I've never been all too loyal to one particular beauty brand. That's changed quite a bit in 2017. I find myself reaching for the staples pretty frequently these days. Let's just say I've figured out who makes the best concealer. I know which matte lipstick stays on the longest and yes, it's worth your precious dollars to spend a little bit more when it comes to these items. Took me 39 years to figure it out but hey - better late than never.
There's a few things that I prioritize when it comes to my skincare regimen...which are completely different from my priorities in my 20's. I suppose that happens. They are as follows:
- Anti-aging benefits
- Reasonably priced
- Ideal for oily skin
The last one is kind of obvious but hey, it needs to be said. ...and I found one that actually accomplishes all of the above: Timeless Skincare. You'd be amazed what $20 can do for your skin!