5 beauty products that I'm lovin' right now!
Here we are - August, which by the way, is half way over! Golly! It's been awhile since I've done a beauty review, so today I'm sharing the most covetable items in my medicine cabinet. These are true time-savers not to mention brilliant inventions that have left me feeling like a bronzed goddess despite my lack of actual sun time.
- St. Tropez In-Shower Gradual Tan: No, this is not a joke. It does exactly what the name says it does. Once my hair is shampoo'd, I slather this all over my body and wait three minutes. It's a great time to throw on the conditioner but the water has to be turned off completely! After your three minutes is up, simply rinse off and watch the color darken over the next few days. It's brilliant. Not to mention wayyyy less stinky then its classmates.
- Everyday Coconut Cleansing Face Wash: I love any and everything that smells like coconuts. No harsh scrubbing and completely chemical/paraben free. I skip eye makeup remover entirely with this stuff.
- Sarah Potempa Beachwaver S1: Literally a life changer. I can now do my own beachy waves after 37 years of existence on this planet. The iron curls your hair for you with a flick of a button! Forget the prom curls...we're talking real, LA beach waves. I cannot say enough about this product!
- Exclusive L'Oreal Color Riche Collection in Reds: I selected "Freida's Red." It is the best drugstore red ever! It's super pigmented and 100% matte. It's a blue-ish red which works well on my skin. Don't forget the lipliner with this one!
- Nails Inc. Nail Polish in "Belgravia Square": It's the perfect muted pink to make your pool tan pop. I throw it on my toes with nude heels. It's extremely opaque, which I love, and all it takes is two coats and you're out the door. It dries super fast, too!
That's my August Beauty Round-Up. What beauty products are you lovin' these days? Happy Friday! xo
I’ve been coloring my hair since I was out of the womb…or so it seems. Many many moons ago I had dirty, dishwater blonde hair. My colorist has confirmed but that was then and this is now. While yes, I have had some hair disasters. read: green hair! For the most part we’ve been happy and healthy due to the amazing talent I’ve invested a LOT of money in over the years.
If you’ve been following me long enough, you know a few facts about me:
I work out quite a bit and it makes me a more sane person.
My time is very limited because family first!
I have IBS and am allergic to gluten and dairy.
I have two beautiful children and I am in my 40’s.
The area of my body that I struggle with the most <both physically and mentally> is my stomach.
READ: #5; I hate my stomach.
Great skincare, anti-aging and invasive treatments are a part of aging and if there is one message I could stress it’s that knowing and trusting your medical professionals is absolutely paramount. Just as it’s important to know what we are consuming or putting into our bodies. Medical technology has advanced so much that surgery is no longer a requirement which makes life quite simpler and more affordable.
I’ve been receiving quite a bit of new beauty products as of late and I ain’t mad about it. Spring is the perfect time to switch skincare routines and opt for lighter, cleaner beauty. Thank God it’s here. It’s been a long winter. And while I haven’t gone 100% clean beauty, I am slowly still inching my way. Additionally, there were some purchases made towards restocking my favorites on last minute runs before Europe. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at some of my drugstore finds.
The thing about skin is that it changes all the time. It changes with age. It changes with the seasons. It changes with stress. And while yes, I receive quite a bit of product to review, I hope you know by now that I only write about people, places, things that I truly love.
I will wholeheartedly admit that I am lover of all beauty products. It really doesn’t matter what kind or from where. I will shop at a drugstore as much as I will shop online or at a high end department store. The fact is, I LOVE beauty.
You guys now I love a good beauty bargain and unbeknownst to me, Macy’s has recently launch a new subscription box service called the Beauty Box! For just $15 a month, recipients receive a chic pouch, 5 deluxe samples + 1 bonus sample and $5 off their next beauty purchase. This is truly the perfect solution to testing the waters on a brand you’re not too sure about which happens all the time to me!
I don't fall for beauty trends all that often. Perhaps it's my age but I know what I like. Fashion trends...yes, guilty as charged. Typically you will find me in a neutral lip or a bold lip. No in between but always matte. Lipgloss? Not so much, I kind of exhausted that in my late 20's but a strong lip...always!
What's new pussy cat? So MUCH! May is by far the busiest month for me personally and professionally. You could say I am savoring the quiet of April 30th because I know all hell is about to break loose. With that said, you know I am nothing if I am not a multitasking momma on the go which is why I want to introduce to you the newest lifesaver to my beauty collection. Meet Beauty by POPSUGAR!
A lack of lipstick is a lackluster day for this girl. Every once in awhile I will sport a nude but very very rarely. I can tell you when I do, it's always Urban Decay. It's quite literally my #1 favorite cosmetic brand in the drawer and has remained so for several years. And this hinges on one thing alone - lasting power.