Sunday's Made Simple: Four 3-Ingredient Appetizers
Afternoon friends! How was your weekend? I flew in and out of Nashville for a social media speaking engagement with my partner for Oak St. Social. Whew! It was a whirlwind weekend but so much fun!
Today I am resurrecting my series for two reasons:
- I've been meaning to and I'm back in the kitchen
- It's Fall and what's better than cozy, comfort food?
I grabbed these recipes off of Buzzfeed and they could not be easier. Perfect for Sunday Football. I whipped these up on the eve of my husband's birthday and they were a hit. So easy! Who doesn't love cheese? Enjoy!
Pigs In A Blanket
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
6 hot dogs
6 slices cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F/220˚C.
2. Slice the puff pastry into 6 even rectangles.
3. Place a slice of cheddar on top of each puff pastry piece.
4. Place a hot dog on the cheddar, then roll it up.
5. Slice each roll into 3 even pieces, and arrange the pieces evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper with a 1-inch gap between the pieces.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown and flaky.
8 slices bacon
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200˚C.
2. Slice the jalapeños in half, then remove the seeds by scraping out the insides.
3. Spread the cream cheese evenly among the jalapeño shells.
4. Wrap each jalapeño in bacon.
5. Place the bacon-wrapped jalapeños on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, until bacon is browned and peppers are tender.
BBQ Chicken Tenders
1 chicken breast
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup bbq sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
2. Slice the chicken into even strips.
3. Dip the chicken strips into the BBQ sauce, then coat them in the bread crumbs.
4. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Brush the remaining BBQ sauce evenly on both sides of the chicken strips and bake for another 10 minutes.
5 egg roll wrappers
10 sticks string cheese
Oil, for frying
1. Slice the egg roll wrappers in half.
2. Place a stick of string cheese on the edge of the egg roll wrapper, then fold the sides of the wrapper over the ends of the cheese.
3. Wet the other edge of the wrapper with water, then roll it up tightly, pressing the edge to make sure it’s sealed.
4. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and cheese.
5. Heat oil in a pot.
6. Fry the sticks until golden brown, then drain on a paper towel.
7. Serve with marinara!
All recipes found here.