New Orleans: eat, shop, drink, do!
It always takes so long to sum up a trip, doesn't it? It's one part savoring the memories in your brain and one part diving back into reality and trying to get your bearings. At least for me it is!
To sum it up, my birthday trip to New Orleans was a colorful blast. It was just my husband and I so we got to eat, shop, drink and do whatever we wanted to and on our timeline which is a refreshing break from the norm.
Today I am going to summarize our favorite spots and all that we accomplished in a our 5-day stint!
- The Saints and Sinners Tour
- The Cemetery Tour
- The New Orleans Museum of Art - the Carlos Rolón exhibit is extraordinary
- Street Car ride to the end of the line
- Jackson Square - great street art; we bought some!
- Frenchmen Street - best music in all of NOLA. You could walk blind into any bar and hear the best jazz you've ever heard in your life.
- Louis Armstrong Park
There is so much more to do and see. We stayed four nights so we crammed in as much as possible and walked EVERYWHERE! You really need to walk off those beignets, my friends.
NOLA has a lot to offer. It's colorful, culturally rich, delicious and full of history. When asked if I would return again? I would. I would love to experience Jazz Fest because the music truly blew me away. Perhaps this list will grow with time!