Designing my ideal day.
Last night I caught up on some emails...digging my way through what was August. I came across this feature on the Windy City Blogger Collective and it really resonated with me. Not only is it brilliant but an easier way to manage stress, family, work and life in general.
I'm an avid list maker except there's one problem. I have lists everywhere which is slightly counter productive. And since I'm always aiming to become more productive with the time I have...I decided to give it a shot. The homework: draft an ideal day (daily and stick with it)
Granted, my ideal day is spent on white sand sipping on pina coladas with my husband while my kids frolic in the ocean; it appears I may have to wait until 2016 to revisit that! Here's to minimizing stress by sticking to a clean schedule that allows a little bit o' everything. Cuz really...there are only 24 hours in a day and sometimes you have to sleep, too!
My Ideal Day:
- 5:30-6:15 AM: wake-up, check emails with one eye open, make sure daily blog post published correctly
- 6:30-8:00 AM: shower, feed kids, coffee by the gallon, get kids ready for school
- 8:30-9:00 AM: respond to more emails, make bfast smoothie, drive kids to school
- 9:15-12:00 AM: more emails, conference calls, meetings and definitely more coffee, devour a handful of almonds
- 12:00-1:00 PM: make lunch at home or client lunch, work on social media for blog/clients, respond to comments, publish clients' midday posts
- 1:00-2:00: more emails, conference calls, meetings
- 2:00-4:00 PM: meetings, work on client deliverables...weekly schedules, agendas for calls, proposals and follow up
- 4:00-4:30 PM: more emails, last minute check-ins, schedule photo shoots, let our nanny go for the day
- 4:30-5:15 PM: snack break with my girls, catch up on their day, snuggle
- 5:15-6:00 PM: work out while the girls play with iPads or toys (I work out at home)
- 6:00-7:00 PM: prep dinner for the girls and myself, tidy up the house, sneak in a few emails
- 7:00-8:00 PM: bath time with the girls, brush teeth, more snuggles, books and TV time
- 8:00-8:45 PM: put the girls to bed (it takes forever these days, we're going through a new phase)
- 8:45-midnight: more emails, work on client deliverables, draft the next blog post, respond to comments and of course, post to social media channels
- midnight: check Instagram one more time, pass out
What's your ideal day? Is it as chaotic as mine feels?