SelfMade Speed Round - Brittany Annen
Brittany is a trailblazer when it comes to online fashion. Don't take it from me though. She just received her 800th 5-star review on Poshmark, That's right ladies, she has built a business on selling yours and my clothing and accessories on one of the largest fashion marketplaces in existence and boy, she has a system! I've mentioned her on my Instagram before but she has literally changed my life overnight as I've been purging and cleansing my closet all summer. Interested? Read on!
ENTREPRENEUR: Brittany Annen
COMPANY: At One Boutique
- What’s the name of your business? At One Boutique, LLC
- Two sentences or less...what is the goal of your business? To always bring happiness to both my clients and customers. Meaning, to help my clients make room in their closets for new favorite pieces while simultaneously providing my customers with great service and items that will become their new favorites!
- How long have you had your business? Since January of 2017.
- What was the hardest part about getting started? Gaining customers trust. It’s hard in the beginning when you have no brand or reputation. It’s something that takes a long time to build and must be maintained for the longevity of your business.
- What is the biggest triumph you’ve experienced thus far? I received my 800th 5 star review on Poshmark a couple of weeks ago. 30% of people don’t rate their orders, so it means a ton when customers take the time to leave me feedback.
- What’s for breakfast? Coffee, Kashi protein cereal with almond milk and a banana.
- Kids - yes/no and if yes, how many/ages? Not yet. Maybe a puppy soon to start!
- Workout? What do you love to do? Yes. Long walks outside in the Summer! In the Winter it’s the treadmill with a great playlist.
- Favorite snack? Chips and guacamole
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Netflix
- Best vacation you’ve ever taken and why? I turned 30 in May and went to California for almost two weeks. We went to Yosemite for the first time during part of the trip. I am not an “outdoors” girl, but I hiked over 20 miles in one day so it was an accomplishment. There was not great Wi-Fi there, so I literally had to put my business on stop… Was a true vacation!
- One must have item in your purse? A phone charger.
- Go-to everyday uniform? Denim shorts with a tee in the Summer and jeans with a cozy sweater in the Winter.
- Favorite luxury beauty product? I can’t live without Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation.
- Favorite drugstore beauty steal? Any of the “Yes To” sheet masks from Target.
- Milk or dark chocolate? Milk, but I know they say dark is “healthier”.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? It fluctuated between a Marine Biologist and a shop owner.
- What’s your party trick? Oh gosh, does “Cheers” count?!
- Name one destination on your bucket list? Paris, France
- Favorite TV program? Game of Thrones
- Beyonce or Jay Z? Beyonce
- Wine or cocktail? What kind? Wine. Prosecco or Champagne.
- Your friends’ nickname for you is? Just “B”.
- What’s next for your business? Re-launching my website!
- Pets? What kind/name? Not yet, but would love to get a puppy soon.
- Favorite neighborhood in Chicago? West Loop for the best restaurants!
- Podcast listener? Which one? Yes. How I Built This, Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations, Fashion Is Your Business, Hidden Brain, The Skinny Confidential Him & Her… I could go on! So many good ones out there.
- Biggest pet peeve? Being late. Time is the most valuable thing to me.
- What’s your sign? Taurus
- What’s your favorite quote? Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. Pele
Thank you Brittany. xx