No shame in the aging game.
I'm an open book. I think we know this given my career of choice - social media. It should come as no surprise to you that I am also very much an advocate of BOTOX and aging gracefully. I don't see it as taboo. I'm not ashamed and it makes me feel good. And isn't that what counts?
No one wants to get old or at least appear old. That's just my perception so why not celebrate it? I don't want to give off the illusion that I'm pining to be 25 again because that was a tumultuous time in my life BUT I would like to give off the illusion that I look a little less stressed, a little less haggard and maybe five years younger. Is that so wrong? I have no problem telling you my age -- I just want you to be shocked when I tell you the truth!
Meet Dr. Sammy Sinno...the answer to your forehead's prayers!
This luxurious office suite is located right off the Mag Mile in Chicago away from the chaos down below. It's one of the most well appointed doctor's offices I've been to in a long time. Most invasive procedures take place down the street in the 900 North Building but this location houses a bevy of noninvasive treatments ranging from body contouring to facial sculpting to injectables; my service of choice.
So what about BOTOX? What do you need to know and what are the results? I can help with that! Below are the before and afters of that glorious, giant, wrinkly forehead of mine...behold! Or shall I say...shield your eyes!
Here's what you need to know. I show signs of age in my forehead as I furrow my eyebrows quite a bit when I concentrate. I've been told I have an expressive face. Mhhhmmmmm...
Dr. Sinno gave me injections at several points in my forehead and two injections alongside my crow's feet for good measure. I should mention that this is not my first time at the rodeo. I've been receiving BOTOX for many years on and off. This is the first time, though, that we attended to my crow's feet and it was just enough to make a big impact!
You can tell I am no spring chicken but I do have laugh lines and creases. I think this is the sign of a life well lived...no intention of messing with that!
The appearance of my forehead is now smooth vs the deep creases that nestled between my 11's (affectionally coined after the two wrinkles that form an "11" between your eyebrows) and above my brows. There's also a slightly youthful arch to my eyebrows again. To me, it looks like I took a giant nap. (I wish!)
Here are a couple questions I get when I share my BOTOX-loving habits with others:
- Does it hurt?
- It feels like a slight pinch and lasts for a nano second. Dr. Sinno uses micro-fine needles which soften the pinch significantly.
- How do I know if I need it?
- You know when you have wrinkles. But it should all start with a consult. Dr. Sinno spent a LOT of time with me examining and explaining whether I needed it, in what areas and how much.
- How long does it take to see results?
- My procedure took a full six days to show completely. I never felt like I couldn't move my forehead, which, is how I usually feel. Whether or not that was visible to all - I actually felt like I had complete mobility.
- Who should be handling my injections?
- I always prefer a physician, specifically a cosmetic surgeon to handle my injections. It's a personal preference and something that is widely talked about. Again, this is just my opinion.
- Is there anything I should know or stay away from post treatment?
- Yes! You should not workout for a full 24 hours and stay away from alcohol to reduce swelling. You also need to sleep somewhat upright for a total of 48 hours to let the BOTOX settle. After that, it's back to your normal routine. Occasionally people experience headaches from the treatment but this is not the case for me. I've always had a pleasant experience post-procedure.
- How long with the effects last?
- Dr. Sinno advised me to come in again right around the 4-6 month mark for a touch up. This is pretty custom and something that I am totally onboard with.
Got more questions? Ask away! I really wouldn't endorse something that I didn't wholeheartedly believe in. His work is flawless and he has an incredibly calming bedside manner married with an informative approach. It really couldn't be easier or more satisfying. Fountain of youth FOUND!
Dr. Sinno's office is located at:
TLKM Plastic Surgery
737 North Michigan Avenue #1500
Chicago, IL 60611
Phone: (312) 788-2560