10 Things You Didn't Know About Me.
I often interview entrepreneurs and industry pioneers on Fridays but today is going to be a bit different. Today I'm sharing some details about me that you may not have known. Is that possible after blogging so darn long? You be the judge!
Every once in a while, I think it's okay to be vulnerable. Here it goes...
- I'm 38 years old which is considered "antique" in blog years.
- I married and divorced in my early 20's. It was the most awful period of my life thus far and shook me to the core. It changed me forever and I am better for it.
- I re-married the love of my life shortly after and we've been together ever since...two delicious babies later. <we've know each other for 20 years!>
- I've been blogging for seven years.
- I've been really depressed and climbed my way out of it. No one should ever be ashamed to admit they need therapy.
- I thought about having a third child but launched Oak St. Social instead. Now I just feel too old to start over again.
- I am gluten free as of 1.5 years ago.
- I hate listening to people chew. nails.on.chalkboard.
- I have eczema and it's embarrassed me for years. It's manageable though.
- I believe everything happens for a reason. I look at some of my worst years, the mistakes I've made and I am so glad I made them. I really am. I didn't like who I was in my 20's but I like who I am now.
Happy Friday! Thanks for reading! xo
I met Krista only recently and was immediately struck with how warm she was. Little did I know that she was the force behind Imperfect Grace which has been a social media profile I had been admiring, specifically on Instagram, for the last year. Her elegant, dainty jewelry designs are ideal for the urban momma on the go. Unique and minimalist with a touch of rock star. My kinda profile.
Melanie is the Queen of Lemonade. Her eponymous, mouth-puckering lemonade can be found amongst the shelves of specialty grocers as well as Jewel and soon, Mariano's. From a consumer standpoint, our family cannot.get.enough of this delicious beverage. Comprised of aronia berries and low on sugar, it makes for the perfect beverage for your babes and for the adults...try it with vodka or bubbles!
Jennifer is the Goddess of Faux Beauty. And you know what, I quite like the sound of that. She makes it easy for the ladies, and a few gents, to scoop up the essentials in one pit stop. Think nails, airbrush tans and blowouts. And isn't that all you really need to set the record straight and feel confident as you hit the mean streets of Chicago? I think so. Read on...
I've always known my roots were Polish but I never knew much beyond that. And that worked for many, many years. When all of these DNA kits launched, I'll admit. I wasn't that interested. My fair skin and blonde hair pointed me in the direction of Eastern European and Scandinavian. Done. Enough said.
If there was such a thing as being a "Jane of all trades" than I think Jacqueline has cornered the market. She's got style, <obvi> beauty, brains and an impeccable sense for creating environments that evoke a mood, an emotion and a sense of calm. FT interior stylist by day and weekend lifestyle blogger by night. Now that's what I call multitasking...in the best way possible! Take a read to learn more about this Windy City interiors maven...
Today's self-made babe is full of positivity. She is a bright light in any room which is not easy to come by. She's fashion forward and unforgiving but she owns it and that's what I love about Tali. Something tells me her business is just about to explode so take a read below.
Welcome to my newly rebranded entrepreneurial series. You may remember Fearless Friday from the past but this is the 2018 reimagined version. I brought it back for many reasons but the primary reason was because of YOU. You guys loved this series! I took a break because I recall it being a lot of work to conduct interviews and beyond. So, instead, I took my own advice and worked smarter, not harder.
Let me start by saying that I am not a physician. Not even close. But I can say that for almost 37 years I struggled with food, digestion and the feeling it left me. I have a great relationship with food. I love it and I love to try new things BUT gluten and I were never meant to be friends and that epiphany hit roughly two years ago when I grew tired of the bloat, the gas, the bathroom issues and the overall appearance of looking like I was in my second trimester 24/7.