10 Things You Didn't Know About Me.
I often interview entrepreneurs and industry pioneers on Fridays but today is going to be a bit different. Today I'm sharing some details about me that you may not have known. Is that possible after blogging so darn long? You be the judge!
Every once in a while, I think it's okay to be vulnerable. Here it goes...
- I'm 38 years old which is considered "antique" in blog years.
- I married and divorced in my early 20's. It was the most awful period of my life thus far and shook me to the core. It changed me forever and I am better for it.
- I re-married the love of my life shortly after and we've been together ever since...two delicious babies later. <we've know each other for 20 years!>
- I've been blogging for seven years.
- I've been really depressed and climbed my way out of it. No one should ever be ashamed to admit they need therapy.
- I thought about having a third child but launched Oak St. Social instead. Now I just feel too old to start over again.
- I am gluten free as of 1.5 years ago.
- I hate listening to people chew. nails.on.chalkboard.
- I have eczema and it's embarrassed me for years. It's manageable though.
- I believe everything happens for a reason. I look at some of my worst years, the mistakes I've made and I am so glad I made them. I really am. I didn't like who I was in my 20's but I like who I am now.
Happy Friday! Thanks for reading! xo
In the blogging community, FOMO is a real thing. This topic is especially poignant given that it's NYFW. And for what it's worth, I've attended several times and I am totally okay with not being there this year. It's not all glitz and glam...it's a lot of schlepping, sweating, missed cabs, foot pain and hunger. Would I go again? For sure. Am I okay with missing a few? Most definitely! But, I digress...
Anastasia Lupu is indeed the triple threat but the most striking feature about her is how incredibly kind and down-to-earth she is. Once you get over her supermodel looks, you realize just how whip smart she is and the likability factor goes wayyyy up.
She's a momma, a badass babe, a beauty and a business woman. Her floral company speaks to me and it's incredibly unique and custom which are two of my favorite things. The tagline: Boxed Flowers For The Well-Heeled. Where my stiletto-wearin' babes at? This one's for you!
Brittany is a trailblazer when it comes to online fashion. Don't take it from me though. She just received her 800th 5-star review on Poshmark, That's right ladies, she has built a business on selling yours and my clothing and accessories on one of the largest fashion marketplaces in existence and boy, she has a system! I've mentioned her on my Instagram before but she has literally changed my life overnight as I've been purging and cleansing my closet all summer. Interested? Read on!
All for one and one for all! In case you didn't know...there is a huge movement to band entrepreneurs together in new and exciting work environments that foster creativity, support and a giant networking pool to feed off of. Finding the right one is the tricky part of it all.
Well, look no further. Today's interviewee has launched an incredibly cool workspace geared towards females and she's showing no signs of slowing down.
People always ask me where my office is located and my response is usually: EVERYWHERE. My team is never stationary and that's really the fun of what we do. Meetings, shoots, calls, TV segments, seminars...we do it all and all in the name of social media!
I have had my fair share of struggles with confidence. I can't blame it on a singular incident or my upbringing because I had an amazing childhood. It's just who I am. I think a lot of us struggle with being confident whether it's at work, with friends, our body image, parenting or even meeting new people. In fact, I would go so far as to say that it's in our female DNA. Never mind celebrities and postpartum mommas who are back down to their fighting weight in a matter of seconds. It's no wonder!
I met Krista only recently and was immediately struck with how warm she was. Little did I know that she was the force behind Imperfect Grace which has been a social media profile I had been admiring, specifically on Instagram, for the last year. Her elegant, dainty jewelry designs are ideal for the urban momma on the go. Unique and minimalist with a touch of rock star. My kinda profile.
Melanie is the Queen of Lemonade. Her eponymous, mouth-puckering lemonade can be found amongst the shelves of specialty grocers as well as Jewel and soon, Mariano's. From a consumer standpoint, our family cannot.get.enough of this delicious beverage. Comprised of aronia berries and low on sugar, it makes for the perfect beverage for your babes and for the adults...try it with vodka or bubbles!