The best homemade cereal bar your mouth has ever tasted!
I go in cooking spurts. It's either all or nothing. This weekend was an "all weekend" for me. And your tummy can thank me because these decadent cereal bars pair perfectly with your morning coffee. Monday just got that much better!
- cooking spray
- 8 cups of chocolate crisp puffed rice cereal (I used Cocoa Rice Krispies)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows (4 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (I used Earth Balance coconut & peanut butter spread)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment. Lightly spray parchment. Place cereal in a large bowl. In a large pot, melt butter over medium. Add marshmallows, peanut butter, and salt and cook, stirring, until mixture is melted, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir into cereal until combined. Let mixture cool slightly, 4 minutes (mixture should still be pliable), then stir in chocolate chips and peanuts. With a spatula (or your fingers) lightly coated with cooking spray, press into pan. Let stand at room temperature until set, about 20 minutes. Using parchment, lift from pan and cut into 12 bars.
Enjoy! (my kids love them!)
Recipe found here