Giveaway: for the vintage lover!
El Vintage! I've ordered here in the past...see here. The owner, Emily, could not be sweeter and she always has loads of great inventory to satisfy your vintage itch.
Here's a helpful tip:
- if something doesn't fit you, and this is common, don't shy away from a piece you love. Simply take it to your local tailor and...
- hack off that hem
- cut off the arms
- cinch in the waist
- create a new bust line
Emily bequeathed me with this lovely little number and I was a smitten kitten. You can see the original hem to the left of the first image...and my desired length to the right of that image. I styled this dress the way I'd wear it for a Friday lunch meeting or a girlie weekend brunch. You can also make it winter-ready by throwing on some wool tights and riding boots complete with a cream turtle neck underneath.
Since neutrals are all the rage this season...throw in a pop of color. Maybe a coral statement necklace? A canary clutch? Red heels?
Tell me how you'd style it! A random winner will be chosen to win this vintage gem next Monday, 2/20/12.
Here's what I'll need from you:
- a comment on how you'd style this piece and where you'd wear it
- a visit and to El Vintage's Facebook page
- a visit and a comment to El Vintage's style blog
- visit El Vintage's Etsy store
- you must be a follower of 101 things
- tweets earn extra credit. El Vintage's handle & mine
Good luck! Check back on Monday!